Sunday, July 8, 2012

Reflection


I would have to say one topic of greatest interest that I have gained from this course, would be the idea of always researching actively ways to improve. Through speaking with my mentor throughout this course I have learned about several different avenues in which teachers and administrators are always looking for new ways to improve. This is usually done through action research, and when these improvements are not put in place things remain the same without growth or positive change. I would say the researching actively to make improvements was a very mind opening experience.





I want to learn more about how to implement these changes in schools and how to group committees to help us better our schools. I read where one of my classmates had stated she could not have imagined gathering all of this information during the school year while leading a team of 11 teachers. I would agree with her strongly, and in agreeing I would like to find better ways to organize these plans while managing my time well. Improvement always needs to take place, improvements lead to growth, and when we do not grow we find ourselves stabilizing. I do not want to be an administrator or a teacher at a stabilizing campus, however I will need to know how to continue to group teachers and to "pump them up in order to keep us growing.





In order to continue growth in this area, I will continue to work with my principals in order to see how I can help our current campus, that way, I will have experience when I become an administrator at a different campus or a campus of my own. I will also learn new ways and new avenues that schools and districts are using through looking up current information, reading journals, and attending conferences. These ideas can be brought back to my own campus and modified to fit our school demographics and needs.

1 comment:

  1. I am also concerned with keeping up during the year. One way I will keep up with meetings is by recording them on tape or phone and later transcribing them for reflection. I got this idea from one of the books we read (unsure which one?. I have used this method as a Special Ed teacher. Another way I am going to keep up with the meetings and data collections for all the projects I will be facilitating is by making a YAG schedule (year-at-a-glance). I have to have some sort of plan - otherwise I will forget something!
    I would love to hear any ideas you come up with!

    ReplyDelete